Program Educational Objectives for the BS in Computer Science
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) for our Computer Science program are broad statements describing the career and professional accomplishments the program prepares graduates to achieve. The following objectives describe the expected accomplishments of our graduates for a few years after graduation:
- Our graduates will apply their knowledge and skills to succeed in their careers and/or obtain advanced degrees.
- Our graduates will behave ethically and responsibly and remain informed and involved as full participants in their profession and society.
- Our graduates will creatively solve problems, communicate effectively, and successfully function in diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams.
- Our graduates will apply principles and practices of computing grounded in mathematics and science to successfully complete software-related projects to meet customer business objectives and/or productively engage in research.
Student Outcomes for BS in CS Program
Graduates of the BS program in Computer Science will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions. [CS]