Program Educational Objectives for BS in Information Technology
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) for our Information Technology program are broad statements describing the career and professional accomplishments the program prepares graduates to achieve. The following objectives describe the expected accomplishments of our graduates for a few years after graduation:
- Our graduates will apply their knowledge and skills to succeed in their careers and/or obtain an advanced degree.
- Our graduates will behave ethically and responsibly and remain informed and involved as full participants in their profession and society.
- Our graduates will creatively solve problems, communicate effectively, and successfully function in diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams.
- Our graduates will apply principles and practices of information technology to identify, implement, and enable effective technologies and apply fundamental computing knowledge to solve information technology problems.
Student Outcomes for BS in Information Technology Program
Graduates of the BS program in Information Technology will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Use systemic approaches to select, develop, apply, integrate, and administer secure computing technologies to accomplish user goals. [IT]